The Vol Court 2014 Speaker Series kicks off at the University of Tennessee on September 23. Vol Court is a five-week entrepreneurial speaker series hosted by the Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ACEI) and led by local entrepreneurs and business experts. The series culminates in a pitch competition where attendees put what they’ve learned into practice by presenting their business ideas to a panel of successful entrepreneurs for a chance to win $1,000 and professional services.
Vol Court meets every Tuesday beginning September 23 from 5:15 – 6:15 p.m. in Stokely Management Center, room G2. The series and the pitch competition are open to students, faculty, staff and members of the community. There is no charge to participate in this series and anyone interested in starting a company is encouraged to attend.
The schedule for this semester’s Vol Court series is as follows:
- Tues., Sept. 23 – The Business Model Canvas and Lean Startup – Part 1
- Tues., Sept. 30 – The Business Model Canvas – Part 2
- Tues., Oct. 7 – Entity Selection and Issues
- Tues., Oct. 14 – Finding Investors at the Right Time
- Tues., Oct. 21 – Preparing the Pitch
- Tues., Oct. 28 – Vol Court Pitch Competition
For information on past winners or to download materials that will be used in this series, click here.