Five student teams will present their best business ideas as they vie for the $1,000 prize tomorrow night in the Fall 2014 Vol Court Pitch Competition. The competition will be held at 5:15 p.m. in Stokely Management Center, Room G2. In addition to the cash prize, the winning team will also receive one year free rent in the UT Research Foundation Business Incubator as well as various professional services.
Teams will be pitching the following business ideas:
- Ski Skins, user designed graphics for application to snow skis and snowboards.
- Barboards, low cost, high impact solutions that maximize brand exposure on exclusive beverage coasters at bars and restaurants.
- Grow Bioplastics, innovative, homegrown, high-performance plastic and rubber materials based on lignin, a non-food, renewable waste stream from the biofuel and paper industry.
- Catalyst Cycling, reengineered, high performance bicycle parts.
- Cubular, modular furniture.
This event is open to the public and anyone interested in local startups is encouraged to attend.
Vol Court is hosted by the Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and sponsored by UT Federal Credit Union, UT Research Foundation, Pershing Yoakley and Associates, Morehous Legal Group, and Launch Tennessee.